Hosted by London Borough of Lambeth
Public meeting at 336 Brixton Road on Monday 23rd November
6.15 Tea and biscuits
6.30 Opening statement from Lord Berkeley, President RDRF (Tony now can’t be with us, so his place as chair for the evening will be taken by RDRF founder member/ treasurer Ken Spence)
6.35 LB Lambeth Environment and Sustainability Portfolio holder, Councillor Jennifer Brathwaite.
6.45 RDRF Mayoral candidates Manifesto, Introduction by RDRF Chair Dr Robert Davis
6.50 The Mayoral Candidates Manifesto and responses: EACH ITEM WILL START WITH A 5 – 10 MINUTE TALK BY RDRF COMMITTEE MEMBER OR SUPPORTER, FOLLOWED BY either RESPONSES BY REPRESENTATIVES OF CANDIDATES or READING OUT RESPONSES BY CANDIDATES THAT HAVE BEEN SENT IN. So far we have had 3 responses and have been promised responses by Labour and Conservative candidates.
- Law Enforcement Robert Davis
- Training of MPS personnel: Brenda Puech (Accessibility consultant and RDRF Committee)
- Measuring Danger Properly: Robert Davis
- Even Safer Lorries, Colin McKenzie, (Transport Planner, RDRF Committee)
- Safer Buses: Tom Kearney Tom has been campaigning for greater transparency – and for pedestrianising Oxford St, which is now agreed by all candidates – about TfL bus operations since being seriously injured while walking on Oxford St. footway
- Modal Shift: Caroline Russell, (Cllr at LB Islington, RDRF Committee))
- Post-crash investigation: Amy Aeron-Thomas, RoadPeace the National Road Crash Victims charity.
7.45 – Discussion.
..and don’t forget our Manifesto and replies received so far are here: